Shipton Gorge Parish Council

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

SGVH Committee Minutes 23 September 2015

SHIPTON GORGE VILLAGE HALL (SGVH)

Charity No. 291996

Minutes of the Management Committee Meeting

held on 23rd September 2015

Present: Richard Hewlett (RH), Sue Porter (SPo), Vicky Thomas (VT), Doris Benselin (DB),

Tony Mallett (TM), Heather Puttock (HP), Kate Drew (KD), Graham Garner (GG).

1. Apologies for absence – Sally Parker

2. Signing Declaration of Acceptance of Office –

This was signed by Vicky Thomas and Graham Garner

3. Items for AOB – None

4. Approval of minutes of last meeting held on 13th July 2015

Approved unanimously and signed

5. Matters arising from the minutes

  • SPa has approached Mr and Mrs Jones regarding the use of their broadband for the village hall but they are unable to help. A phone line to the hall is required to enable the use of broadband. RH to investigate why a phone line has never been installed.
  • Display boards are now stored in the back room of the village hall. RH to check on condition of them.

6. Chairman’s report

  • RH thanked everyone for their efforts at the Village Fete.
  • The window causing problems at the front of the hall needs new tapers.
  • The heating periods in the hall are to be extended now and put on winter settings.
  • Discussion took place regarding the hiring out of the stage, or parts of, to Wootton Fitzpaine village hall. KD is to enquire in the village as to the origins of the stage.
  • It was agreed that the hall chairs could be used in the church for a funeral.

7. Treasurer’s report

Income of approx. £435 had been received since our last meeting, with some £295 coming from general hire of the hall and £140 from the summer raffle.

Expenditure over the same period was just over £1,000. This was higher than normal, but included £510 for the replacement window (as mentioned in July), £120 for our performing rights licence and £72 in energy costs. A donation of £75 to the Parish Council for the website upgrade had also been paid.

An overview of the Trust’s income and expenditure for the 9 months since January 2015 had been prepared and was circulated at the meeting. This showed that, overall, funds in the current account had been increased by just over £400 in the past 9 months.

A summary of energy consumption for the period September 2014 to September 2015 was also distributed. This suggested that gas and electricity use would begin to rise from October.

Updated figures would be prepared at year-end.

Copies of the NatWest current and deposit account statements were circulated at the meeting.

8. Secretary’s report

Nothing to report

9. Bookings report

Various bookings still continue to be taken

10. 100 Club

Annual membership tickets were distributed for committee members to deliver.

11. Artsreach

There is one performance already booked for 2nd March 2015. Discussions took place regarding the showing of a film in the village hall next year to raise funds.

12. Hall improvement works – update

RH will continue to investigate how to obtain grants to pay for drainage improvements.

13. Any other business

  • A bag of soft toys has been found in the back room of the hall. No one knows to whom they belong, RH to ask SPa.
  • Rubbish collection was discussed as there is no wheelie bin at the hall. Discussions on this subject will continue.

14. Date of next meeting

To be held on Wednesday 25th November 2015 at 7.30pm.